Dirty Vibes - Black Habit [individual track reviews]

Hit the Bottle
An opening taster to the sound Dirty Vibes have. With the playful riffs and the refreshement of such striking female
vocals, you know you're in for a treat.


Don't Listen to the Hypocrite
"Don't Listen to the Hypocrite", something we all tell ourselves right? After some reading, this song is about drugs. My favourite part of the song being the chorus, "As I swore that I’d keep away, I’ve become the new hypocrite of the day. Who am I to preach what to be, when even I wouldn’t listen to me". The vocalist herself considers it one of her best works, and what I like about this song, is that lyrically it is very clever; the song has a kick to it and adds a different perspective on such a topic.

Black Habit
Possibly my favourite track? There is a "sexy" vibe to the whole song, vocals, guitar, bass, drums, the lot. The way they come together drew me in right from the start. For me, this is probably one of the best works I have heard Dirty Vibes produce. Simply fallen in love. Fact.

Lucy Fur
This song reminds me why I love female vocalists. The likes of Janet Gardner, Ann Wilson and Lita Ford spring to mind. A sex appeal matched by no other. Kt-Jo's alluring "Did you get what you want?" drew me in, and if I didn't have a camera in my hands at gigs, this song would definately get me moving, as the guitar riffs and bass notes are beautifully combined with the drum beat that holds it all together.

In Nirvana
A different style of song now, but equally compelling. I have noticed that more often than not bands have that one "ballad", so to speak. Not that it was a bad choice. This song is familiar to me, perhaps a Courtney Love track? The solo about 2minutes into the track is wonderful, and [like Wires Faulty and Shatterpoint, shall we say] there is no reason why new talent shouldn't be able to express their "other side".

Why I Am
Dirty Vibes have something good going for themselves. There's not much more that can be said really.

No comments:

Post a Comment