Photo courtesy of CARROTTOP PR
Goth meets glam this autumn/winter and we are returning back to black.
Dark Gothic fashion has, for the most part, been the stereotypical ideal in the underworld of cult followers. Now, celebrities and designers around the globe have made it a mainstream trend. Make of that what you will.
More and more we are seeing black on black on black. But a hot trend amongst many is the interesting concept that seems to include an evening ensemble of shorter length skirts which are sheer with a noticeable underwear or crochet bodice top. Popular fabrics include lace or sheer black fabric, but more recently denim and leather - with the addition of "studding".
CARROTTOP PR have kindly combined a selection of the finest pieces on the market at the moment; we at NOCTIS absolutely adore them.
Here's a break down of what's on offer:
- Jewellery by Jaymie boasts cute hand-made jewellery created from illustrations. The pieces are quirky and completely unique; the best thing is they aren't like the jewellery we see time and time again. Each piece will differ from the next as they are hand drawn and the motto of the brand is "Why settle for the same, when we are all different". A conversation starter and the perfect gift.
- SomethingIndie is a handpicked selection of the best indie and independent brands out there and are always scouting for new talent. They are fasion savvy and though biased towards the love of indie brands, they have an eye for handmade items and home-based labels. "SomethingIndie is way more than your average online store..." - Wendy, founder of SomethingIndie
- The Pretty Junk team have "blended, trended and defended the ‘vintage’ mould to highlight the splendour of personality". With intentions to adorn us in stylish rags, The Pretty Junk understand what's on trend, and with a catalogue as beautiful as theirs it's no wonder they can boast such high appraise.
- SpyLoveBuy pride themselves on hunting out the latest footwear that should be in our closet. They even share tips and tricks and the latest fashion news so we don't miss out! Not only is there an experience to be had, but the prices will keep you coming back.
- Reemami are a Dubai based fashion brand and describe themselves as being fabulous, flirty, funky, crazy, bold, daring, and sexy. We'll let you decide for yourselves.
- Fazane is a new womens wear brand for those with a desire for "classic" clothing and accessories with a twist. Fazane design pieces that will sit comfortably in any womens wardrobe, but still wow the crowd.
- The creation of timeless, everlasting pieces lies in the hands of Tamzin Lillywhite who strives to bring us bespoke hand-crafted pieces through the use of traditional saddlery techniques and the highest quality English leathers. The beautiful studding adds a tough edge to the creations, and is key for those with an eye for this trend.
- From dawn to dusk, London based fashion designer Alexander Van Baalen lavishes women across with his womenswear label which hosts an array of exclusive prints and flattering cuts.
- Scarlett Hearts are a small independent company running an online boutique of handmade jewellery and accessories. Which is a popular outlet for creativeness as of late, but it means each piece has been lovingly handmade to ensure the customer gets a growing jewellery collection and not an empty purse. Inspired by life around them, Scarlett Hearts want you to get the compliments you deserve. Go on, treat yourself!
To shop, click below:
4. Spy Love Buy
10. Scarlett Hearts
Words by Jodie Shepherd / to see this post on the NOCTIS blog click here