Photographic happenings

A few months ago I was invited to a meeting with a small recording studio by a friend of mine to talk about some photographic opportunities. My natural instinct was of course to say yes. Why wouldn't I?

Upon arrival it quickly became clear that some miscommunication was involved and it turned out that the owners of the record label wanted me to photograph something they had planned on that very day! Talk about being thrown in at the deep end... I didn't even have my own camera on me; shocking I know as I do try to take it everywhere with me, in hindsight it probably would have been a good idea to take my camera to the meeting, but nevermind.

So, after speaking about the concept of the shoot and learning that the band the shoot was for was Wires Faulty I obliged. I have a long standing relationship with this band already as my boyfriend was a former bassist of theirs.

Considering that I hadn't used my own camera and felt under a considerable amount of pressure to do well, I apparently captured what the guys wanted perfectly. Which was an amazing feeling!

Below are the edits that the guys from the studio made, which I am relatively happy with (though I would have perhaps chosen a different photograph for the first image), nonetheless here they are and soon I shall post contact sheets, my edits and my favourite photographs from the day..



No comments:

Post a Comment