03-03-11: The Mercy House

The Purple Turtle, Camden.























The Mercy House at The Purple Turtle

If I'm honest, I only came to this gig to see The Mercy House play, and I'm glad I did. They had a killer set and you could feel the energy. Though they blew me away when I saw them back in September supporting Jettblack and Reckless Love, their show at The Purple Turtle was even more impressive. Full of energy and passion.. Perhaps even a headline performance? TMH setlist combined new tracks with existing favourites, opening with the exciting "Greed", which would do well as an ending track too. But opening with such a high-energy number creates an impact, with distinctive vocals, shredding guitars and the hard-hitting fillers of the bass and drums. Their whole performance and impact of each track reflects their drive to hit the music scene with a great force. And they are doing just that.



No comments:

Post a Comment