14-05-11: This Empire

The Oast House, Rainham.







This Empire at The Oast House

I would just like to start by saying thank you to This Empire for the free cd, and feel the need to repay the gesture with my own review of said EP. Anyway, I really enjoyed This Empire. I had never heard of them before but they had a good sound, and a fair interaction with each other. There was a lot of energy to the performance, but seemed stiff in some aspects with limited movement.  This Empire strive to be "the next best thing", and went from strength to strength with each song they played. I recall sighs of disappointment when it came to light that opening act Electric River had pulled out, but I also recall that there was not a bad word said about This Empire and they are right when they say they will make a lasting impression everywhere they play.

No comments:

Post a Comment