04-03-11: The Self-Titled

The Ivy Leaf Bar, Sheerness.

There are no photographs from this band, I had considered it before they started playing and then shortly realised they were not so aptly named. "The Self-Titled" as a name in itself is a little pretentious, and their new vocalist (of 2weeks) had a huge ego.. which unfortunately put me off a little bit. The Ivy Leaf Bar is only a small venue, and I don't know what they expected before arriving. I guess they played well, but the attitude was not something I was interested in. Neither were the covers they played, Slither by Velvet Revolver being the one I remembered. The key was wrong and the vocals were off.. It did not do justice to Scott Weiland and the rest of the band. There is no real criticism for the band as a whole, more so the ego and the attitude that was given off by their newest member. I wonder how long until people tire of this and see what myself and the guys of the other bands saw.

I think I've said enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment